Carrie R. Crotts
I thrive in mobilizing and executing diverse, global teams to launch major software, organizational redesign or transformational projects. I’m a visionary who will also lovingly whip your teams into shape to launch your efforts out the door.
Summary of Qualifications
- Product Management
- Project & Program Management (Microsoft’s ITLC)
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Waterfall and Agile (daily stand-up)
- Process Facilitation and Mapping
- Business & Stakeholder Management
- Change Management (Prosci ADKAR model) Certified Change Manager
- Cross-Functional Leadership
- Collaborative team building
- Manage multiple projects within tight deadlines and budget constraints
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Innovator, calculated risk taker
Aug 2014 – Present
Design Laboratory, Inc. (v-Microsoft)
- Managed over 1,800 product launches onto Production Microsoftstore.com within 18 months; including major campaign releases such as the FY15 and FY16 Holiday campaign seasons, Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3), and Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
- Lead the thrice weekly program status meeting with cross-functional business stakeholders to provide visibility into current status of items in-flight, identify risks and mitigation strategies in real-time.
- Oversee project development from initiation to launch – keeps tasks moving through the production queue ensuring all elements of the task are complete (inventory, design, content, web production, and quality assurance).
- Balance a large production queue, keeping tasks and project moving through the production pipeline. Update product inventory as needed via Digital River’s Global Commerce platform.
- Work with project sponsors and stakeholders from 7 business groups to complete and/or negotiate project scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, and timing within short deadlines. Balance trade-offs.
- Manage project risks & competing priorities impacting global go-live dates through tight oversight with IT, third-party vendors, business and support channels.
- Manage project plan, lead weekly stakeholder and core team meetings, communications updates and program status reporting.
- Provide Program Management go-to-market launch support for Microsoft’s University Recruiting campaign, including coordinating multiple print, photo, video assets and booth materials in support of the FY14 global on-campus recruiting rollout to Colleges across the country.
- Re-pivot program to accommodate major changes in company direction; which impacted the go-live readiness three weeks before launch.
- Oversaw Statement of Work (SOW), project procurement and budget related to customization of an Outlook tool called PoliteMail, which is used for sending global, segmented HR-related e-mail campaigns to 100,000+ employees.
June 2011 – April 2012
Design Laboratory, Inc. (v-Microsoft contract)
- Manage the change management project plan for an organizational redesign – including major changes to people, processes, systems and information capture for a 4,000+ person organization.
- Identify, document and evaluate business change impacts across program interdependencies, risks, budget and schedule across 7 program work-streams.
- Prepared leadership-level presentations to communicate status and progress of the change initiative across multiple constituents during Phase I and II.
Oct. 2010 – June 2011
TEkSystems (T-Mobile contract)
Sr. Systems Analyst
- Worked with cross-functional teams to implement new process design for delivery of core business services.
- Defined communications plan and implementation activities including training materials.
- Prioritized and coordinated three business groups to define requirements, roadmap and oversaw website delivery, including two major General Availability (GA) releases for Office 2010, Office for Mac and Windows Anytime Upgrade point of sale activation. Lead daily Scrum meetings.
- Managed User Acceptance (UAT) testing of the system. Coordinated with retail, channel operations, development leads, operations and support team readiness.
- Managed content localization in nine languages.
- Worked with developers, and business stakeholders to gather requirements, metrics and data for a large technology implementation. Documented the upstream and downstream systems and impacts of the upgrade.
Dec. 2006 – Oct. 2009
Port of Seattle
Producer: ServerLogic contract (Dec. 2006 – Aug. 2007), Employee Aug. 2007 – Oct. 2009
- Lead enterprise-wide intranet redesign project. Gathered data through customer surveys, focus groups, and web statistics to derive a complete process redesign for web publishing services.
- Provided mentoring to the Port’s Web Coordinator and Technical Writers on process improvement approach, ITIL and CobiT methodologies.
Sept. 2006 – Nov. 2006
Excell Data (v-Microsoft)
Business Process Analyst
- Partnered with the business to navigate project progress through competing priorities.
- Received Microsoft Security Clearance to handle highly confidential/sensitive information.
July 2002 – Aug. 2006
Downers Grove, IL
Technical Specialist II; Sr. Communications Specialist; Technical Analyst II
- Led Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project which resulted in a $1 Million hard savings budget reduction. Redesigned key processes in service delivery, which improved delivery of business requirements.
- Resolved project roadblocks; which had the potential to impede progress and put project deliverables at risk by engaging Sr. Leadership agreement on strategic direction.
- Served as lead communications expert supporting complex, organization-wide deployment with total project savings of $40 million. Managed over 50 communications initiatives via process-oriented, consultative approach for effective messaging impact.
Education, Certifications & Training
- Sundust Oracle Institute, Mentorship & Leadership Circle 2013-14 studying under Char Sundust
- Colorado State University, PROSCI Change Management Certification (ADKAR model)
- Tarot School, Degree Program Candidate, studying under Wald Amberstone
- Washington Mutual’s OpEx Bronze Certification (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt equivalent)
- Bachelor in Arts, Professional Communications; Roosevelt University; Chicago, IL
- Accomplished Port Woman Nominee
- Award for Corporate Excellence (ACE) Recipient; Washington Mutual
- Always On Team Award Recipient; Washington Mutual
Professional & Personal Activities
- Conscious Capitalism
- Women’s Business Exchange (WBE)
- Member & Fireside Circle Donor, Washington Trails Association