Carrie R. Crotts
Seattle Area (Lynnwood, WA)
I thrive in mobilizing and executing diverse, global teams to launch major product, software, organizational redesign and/or transformational projects. I’m a visionary who will also lovingly whip your teams into shape to launch your efforts out the door.
Summary of Qualifications
- Change Management (Prosci ADKAR model) Certified Change Manager
- Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt equivalent certified)
- Process facilitation and mapping (PDCA)
- Program and Project Management
- SDLC and Agile
- Business & Stakeholder Management
- Cross-Functional Leadership
- Collaborative team building
- Manage multiple projects within tight deadlines and budget constraints
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Innovator, calculated risk taker
Aug 2014 – Present | Design Laboratory, Inc. (v-Microsoft) | Redmond, WA
Program Manager, Microsoft Store Online
- Built Power BI report and InfoPath form to solve complex business process and data integrity issue. Derived data from Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) queries. Wrote hundreds of custom queries to extract, analyze and pivot data in Excel. Resulting reports optimized data for onboarding automation efforts.
- Managed over 2,000 product launches onto Microsoftstore.com in over 2 years; including major campaign releases such as the FY15, FY16 and FY17 Holiday campaign seasons, Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3), and Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
- Oversee project development from initiation to launch – keep tasks moving through the production queue ensuring all elements are complete (inventory, design, content, web production, and quality assurance). Balance a large production queue through the pipeline. Update product inventory as needed via Digital River’s Global Commerce platform.
- Work with project sponsors and stakeholders from 7 business groups to complete and/or negotiate project scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, and timing within short deadlines. Balance trade-offs.
- Lead the thrice weekly program status meeting with cross-functional business stakeholders to provide visibility into current status of items in-flight. Identify risks and mitigation strategies in real-time. Manage status through queries in Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Dec 2012 – April 2014 | Samsara Consulting, LLC (Subcontracts with AdaQuest, Inc. and Vega Consulting; v-Microsoft)
Program Manager, Global HR Operations, Global HR Marcom
- Manage project risks & competing priorities impacting global go-live dates through tight oversight with IT, third-party vendors, business and support channels.
- Manage project plan, lead weekly stakeholder and core team meetings, communications updates and program status reporting.
- Provide Program Management go-to-market launch support for Microsoft’s University Recruiting campaign, including coordinating multiple print, photo, video assets and booth materials in support of the FY14 global on-campus recruiting rollout to Colleges across the country.
- Re-pivot program to accommodate major changes in company direction; which impacted the go-live readiness three weeks before launch.
- Oversaw Statement of Work (SOW), project procurement and budget related to customization of an Outlook tool called PoliteMail, which is used for sending global, segmented HR-related e-mail campaigns to 100,000+ employees.
June 2011 – April 2012 | Design Laboratory (v-Microsoft contract) | Bellevue, WA
Senior Consultant, MSIT
- Manage the change management project plan for an organizational redesign – including major changes to people, processes, systems and information capture for a 4,000+ person organization.
- Identify, document and evaluate business change impacts across program interdependencies, risks, budget and schedule across 7 program work-streams.
- Prepared leadership-level presentations to communicate status and progress of the change initiative across multiple constituents during Phase I and II.
Oct. 2010 – June 2011 | TEkSystems (T-Mobile contract) | Bothell, WA
Sr. Systems Analyst
- Worked with cross-functional teams to implement new process design for delivery of core business services.
- Defined communications plan and implementation activities including training materials.
Oct. 2009 – Dec. 2010 | Samsara Consulting, LLC (formerly C3 Consulting) | Attunix contract through Microsoft Corporation | Seattle, WA
Solution Manager, Interactive Entertainment Business, Office
- Prioritized and coordinated three business groups to define requirements, roadmap and oversaw website delivery, including two major General Availability (GA) releases for Office 2010, Office for Mac and Windows Anytime Upgrade point of sale activation. Lead daily Scrum meetings.
- Created Business Requirements Documents, Managed User Acceptance (UAT) testing of the system. Coordinated with retail, channel operations, development leads, operations and support team readiness.
- Managed content localization in nine languages.
Dec. 2006 – Oct. 2009 | Port of Seattle | Seattle, WA
Producer: ServerLogic contract (Dec. 2006 – Aug. 2007), Employee Aug. 2007 – Oct. 2009
- Lead enterprise-wide intranet redesign project. Gathered data through customer surveys, focus groups, and web statistics to derive a complete process redesign for web publishing services.
- Provided mentoring to the Port’s Web Coordinator and Technical Writers on process improvement approach, ITIL and CobiT methodologies.
Sept. 2006 – Nov. 2006 | Microsoft (Excell Data v-) | Redmond, WA
Business Process Analyst
- Partnered with the business to navigate project progress through competing priorities.
- Received Microsoft Security Clearance to handle highly confidential/sensitive information.
July 2002 - Aug. 2006 | Washington Mutual | Downers Grove, IL
- Technical Specialist II; Sr. Communications Specialist; Technical Analyst II
- Led Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project which resulted in a $1 Million hard savings budget reduction. Redesigned key processes in service delivery, which improved delivery of business requirements.
- Resolved project roadblocks; which had the potential to impede progress and put project deliverables at risk by engaging Sr. Leadership agreement on strategic direction.
- Served as lead communications expert supporting complex, organization-wide deployment with total project savings of $40 million. Managed over 50 communications initiatives via process-oriented, consultative approach for effective messaging impact.
Education, Certifications & Training
- Sundust Oracle Institute, Mentorship & Leadership Circle 2013-14
- Colorado State University, PROSCI Change Management Certification (ADKAR model)
- Washington Mutual’s OpEx Bronze Certification (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt equivalent)
- Bachelor in Arts, Professional Communications; Roosevelt University; Chicago, IL
- Accomplished Port Woman Nominee
- Award for Corporate Excellence (ACE) Recipient; Washington Mutual
- Always On Team Award Recipient; Washington Mutual
Professional & Personal Activities
- ISACA (Information Security and Compliance)
- Conscious Capitalism
- Women’s Business Exchange (WBE)
- Member | Fireside Circle Donor, Washington Trails Association